With a focus on business, the Morrison Chamber of Commerce serves its members and the community by supporting and promoting Morrison, building relationships, structure and events that unite the community.
The Malvern Roller Mill, also know as the Appel Mill, is a 19th century grist mill located near the unincorporated village of Malvern, IL on Felton and Clover Roads. The mill sits on the banks of Rock Creek, a Rock River tributary, and southwest of a stone-faced dam. To the west of the mill building is a circa 1890 Pratt truss bridge.
The Malvern Roller Mill was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1995 because of its local significance in the areas of industry and commerce. The building operated as a grinding mill for farmers and the town of Malvern, until it closed in 1942. It is the only know mill in northwestern Illinos that retains all of its equipment for an all roller and no grindstone process.
The mill is privately owned and not open to the public.