Hope to see you at our 29th Annual Christmas Walk and Parade
on Saturday, December 3, 2016!
The Morrison Chamber of Commerce has scheduled the 2016 Parade and Christmas Walk for Saturday, December 3. This year’s theme is “Snowmen at Night.” There are several ways you can participate in this year’s holiday events.
- Become a Christmas Walk Sponsor and make a donation toward our holiday efforts (your business will be recognized in pre-event advertising).
- Decorate your business’ front windows to this year’s theme of “Snowmen at Night.” If you would like your window decorated but are not able to do so, please let us know and we can find another business or organization who will decorate it for you. Please have windows decorated by Friday, December 2.
- Host a Holiday Open House or other event at your business all weekend long and stay open on December 3 so that customers can visit your store after the parade. Please feel free to invite other organizations, churches, high school groups etc.…to share your space, invite carolers in, pass out holiday coloring sheets to kids, have a costumed character on hand for kids to have their picture taken with etc…. Our hope is that we will keep people downtown for this event and bring the streets alive on December 3rd!
- Participate in our Christmas parade with a decorated and/or lighted vehicle or float. Judging of entries will take place during the parade and awards will be given based on the following categories:
* Elfin’ Magic Award: Given to the outstanding entry featuring children as the main part of the entry.
* Spectacular Sparkles Award: Given to the entry that is the most entertaining and/or spirited.
* Christmas Vacation Award: Given to the entry that presents an outstanding display of Christmas lights
and/or other type of illumination.
* Frosty Award: Given to the overall outstanding entry presenting and illustrating the parade theme of “Snowmen at Night.”Please remember…NO LIVE SANTA’s in windows or on parade entries. The “real” Santa will be provided transportation by the Morrison Chamber of Commerce during the parade and can be found in Santa’s House following the parade.
- NEW! – Enter a snowman in our Decorated Snowman Silent Auction to be held at Wells Fargo Bank. Your participation will help brighten the holiday season in a special way for the Morrison community. For a complete list of rules and a participation form, click here.
To participate in our Christmas parade, download a registration form here!
In addition, please like the Morrison Chamber of Commerce Facebook page and share information with your Facebook followers on the holiday happenings as we share them.For questions, call the Chamber at 815-772-3757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.